Tui Na is a TCM or Chinese Massage
The Physical Body Stores Trauma & Gets Adhesions
Tui Na, a Traditional Form of Chinese Massage
Welcome to the DBHC webpage on Chinese massage called Tui Na.
Tui Na has a rich history dating back thousands of years, Tui Na has been practiced as an integral part of Chinese medicine, offering a holistic approach to health and well-being.
Tui Na, which translates to "push and grasp," combines various manual techniques and bodywork to stimulate the body's energy flow and promote self-healing. It is based on the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), which views the body as an interconnected system of channels through which vital energy, known as Qi, flows.
The aim of Tui Na is to restore balance and harmony within the body by removing blockages and obstructions along the channels, or energy pathways. By applying pressure, stretching, and manipulating specific points and areas of the body, a skilled Tui Na practitioner can help regulate the flow of Qi and blood, release tension, and alleviate pain.
One of the distinguishing features of Tui Na is its versatility. It can be adapted to address a wide range of conditions, including musculoskeletal disorders, stress-related ailments, digestive issues, respiratory problems, and more. Whether you're seeking relief from chronic pain, recovering from an injury, or simply looking to improve your overall well-being, Tui Na can offer a holistic and natural approach to healing.
During a Tui Na session, the practitioner may use various techniques such as kneading, rolling, pressing, and rubbing, along with joint manipulations and stretching. These techniques are applied with different levels of intensity and rhythm, tailored to meet the individual needs of each client. The practitioner's hands, fingers, palms, elbows, and even feet may be used to deliver precise and targeted manipulations to the body along the energy channels and specific acupuncture points depending on the condition being treated.
As a licensed acupuncturist, Dr. Beverly was trained in acupuncture school on how to perform this healing practice. There are some massage therapists who specialize in this technique. Dr. Beverly does not do full body Tui Na massage but on occasion may include this as part of the treatment in specific cases. If you want to go to a Tui Na specialist, she will be happy to provide a diagnoses and suggestions for them to follow for your specific condition.
Contact Us Today
Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can support your holistic well-being through soul integration therapy.
Workshops, Lectures, & Courses
Dr. Beverly regularly holds online and live events on holistic health. These include:
- Meditation - various meditation techniques are explored with discussions on when to use each type. Her workbook is Meditation Demystified by Dancing Bear AKA Dr. Beverly.
- Energy Healing - this workshop explores various types of energy healing techniques including setting the intention, setting up a sacred space, creating an altar, and much more...
- Herbs for the Home Medicine Cabinet - a discussion of must have herbs for the home with information on when and how to use them.
- Herbs for Travel - a discussion of herbs to take with you when you travel to easily deal with common ailments
- Herbs for the Flu Season - herbs to use to both boost the immune system and help ward off influenza as well as herbs to take in the event you do get sick.
- Chinese Nutrition - "Food as Medicine", heal through the food you eat
- Dr Beverly offers a free program to help people manifest their health and ideal life at OM for Success.