Acupressure Self-Treatments with Essential Oils
Holistic Health for Soul, Mind, & Body
Welcome to our page on Acupressure. When we were not available to see patients in person, we began offering treatment consultations online. We do an intake with you to determine your most important needs. Then we suggest acupressure points and an essential oil to rub on that point for self-care at home. This service is still available via Zoom appointments.
Many oils cannot be applied directly to the skin. You may be instructed to dilute the oil with a specific carrier oil (like coconut oil) so that it does not irritate the skin. You will be given specific instructions that are easy to follow so that you can treat yourself 2-3 times a day at home.
In some cases where there are emotional issues or trauma we may suggest using a Bach Flower Essence versus an Essential Oil. These do not need to be diluted and can be used either directly on the skin or added to a glass of water and sipped during the day.
Small children and children under the age of 12 are not typically needled. Their bodies are so small, and the needle may inadvertently be placed too deep and might cause bruising or other issues. For this reason, we will use acupressure with a cold laser pen on the child. For children this is just as effective as using needles. They are able to heal much faster than adults or even older children.
Infants are never needled, and we prefer not to use cold laser on them either. There are special "very-light-touch" techniques that are to be used with infants. We teach the parent/guardian to do these techniques as they need to be done several times a day to be effective.
Contact Us Today
Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can support your holistic well-being.
Workshops, Lectures, & Courses
Dr. Beverly regularly holds online and live events on holistic health. These include:
- Meditation - various meditation techniques are explored with discussions on when to use each type. Her workbook is Meditation Demystified by Dancing Bear AKA Dr. Beverly.
- Energy Healing - this workshop explores various types of energy healing techniques including setting the intention, setting up a sacred space, creating an altar, and much more...
- Herbs for the Home Medicine Cabinet - a discussion of must have herbs for the home with information on when and how to use them.
- Herbs for Travel - a discussion of herbs to take with you when you travel to easily deal with common ailments
- Herbs for the Flu Season - herbs to use to both boost the immune system and help ward off influenza as well as herbs to take in the event you do get sick.
- Chinese Nutrition - "Food as Medicine", heal through the food you eat
- She offers a free program to help people manifest their health and ideal life at OM for Success.