Neuropathy: Pain & Numbness
Holistic Health for Soul, Mind, & Body
Welcome to our page on Neuropathy, one of Dr. Beverly's specialities. Neuropathy in general as well as Peripheral Neuropathy has many causes, everything from diabetes mellitus, some medications, a sedentary life style, and many other causes. This is a serious condition that can not only be painful but if not treated can lead immobility, deep non-healing sores, and even to the loss of one's feet due to gangrene in severe cases.
At DBHC we try to determine the underlying cause and help you eliminate the cause if possible. When the cause can be eliminated the extremities may be restored completely or at least to the point of being healthy again. Cases like Diabetic Neuropathy can be healed by changing the diet to better manage blood sugar levels as well as some lifestyle changes to improve circulation to the feet. In most cases certain vitamins, supplements, and even herbs may be prescribed to facilitate the healing process.
When the cause is due to medications then the treatments may be long term, unless the patient is able to change their medication regime (this must be done only by the prescribing medical professional). Vitamins and other supplementation may also help in these cases.
No matter what the cause of the Neuropathy we use a combination of various acupuncture procedures, Microcurrent therapy, herbs, and recommendations for home self-treatments to help eliminate the problem, or at least to eliminate the pain and most of the numbness. This is a long term therapy and not a quick fix but it is effective in helping people to recover so they can begin to enjoy life again. The longer neuropathy goes untreated the less reversal of symptoms is possible but at least we can help prevent it from getting worse in many cases. If treated immediately it can sometimes be reversed up to 80% even in older patients. That said supplementation, herbs, and regular treatments are needed for six to nine months or longer depending on the severity.
At DBHC we use a 7-step procedure for testing a patient's status and severity of the Neuropathy. This 7-step test is repeated every 6 to 8 weeks to determine progress. This testing is similar to that used by medical practitioners, (i.e., MDs, DO's, PA's, DPM's) who specialize in treating neuropathic conditions.
Contact Us Today
Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can support your holistic well-being.
Workshops, Lectures, & Courses
Dr. Beverly regularly holds online and live events on holistic health. These include:
- Meditation - various meditation techniques are explored with discussions on when to use each type. Her workbook is Meditation Demystified by Dancing Bear AKA Dr. Beverly.
- Energy Healing - this workshop explores various types of energy healing techniques including setting the intention, setting up a sacred space, creating an altar, and much more...
- Herbs for the Home Medicine Cabinet - a discussion of must have herbs for the home with information on when and how to use them.
- Herbs for Travel - a discussion of herbs to take with you when you travel to easily deal with common ailments
- Herbs for the Flu Season - herbs to use to both boost the immune system and help ward off influenza as well as herbs to take in the event you do get sick.
- Chinese Nutrition - "Food as Medicine", heal through the food you eat
- Dr Beverly offers a free program to help people manifest their health and ideal life at OM for Success.