Pain Management with Acupuncture / Acupressure
Holistic Health for Soul, Mind, & Body
Welcome to our page on pain and pain management. The number one reason people turn to acupuncture for treatment is pain management. Research has shown acupuncture to be more effective in treating pain than using most Western (Allopathic) medical therapies including addictive drugs.
Acupuncture has several therapeutic modalities that help to eliminate pain. These include acupuncture with needles, acupressure, cupping, gua sha (also called scraping), tui na (a type of Chinese massage), electro-stimulation or e-stim (included Milli-current and Micro-current as well as Japanese ion pumping cords), application of heat with TDP lamps, moxibustion (in various forms) and related therapies. There are even Chinese herbal formulas for pain that can be added in severe as well as chronic pain cases. These herbs have no side effects, are not addictive and just as effective as most Western pharmaceutical drugs.
Pain can have many origins. At times we may recommend the addition of massage and/or chiropractic treatments in conjunction with acupuncture pain treatments. These treatments are available through other practitioners and are very synergistic with acupuncture to help patients recover faster.
At DBHC we have extensive experience for different types of pain: missing limbs, muscle atrophy, plantar fasciitis, peripheral Neuropathy, low back pain, neck and shoulder pain, joint pain, muscle pain, abdominal pain, emotional pain, etc.
One size does not fit all, and on treatment option does not always work. This style of healing is called "layering". For this reason, Dr. Beverly combines many different healing styles (modalities) that are specifically selected for each patient, their unique needs, and for optimum and quickest results. After each treatment a form of measurable result is ascertained to ensure that progress is being made with each treatment.
Contact Us Today
Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can support your holistic well-being.
Workshops, Lectures, & Courses
Dr. Beverly regularly holds online and live events on holistic health. These include:
- Meditation - various meditation techniques are explored with discussions on when to use each type. Her workbook is Meditation Demystified by Dancing Bear AKA Dr. Beverly.
- Energy Healing - this workshop explores various types of energy healing techniques including setting the intention, setting up a sacred space, creating an altar, and much more...
- Herbs for the Home Medicine Cabinet - a discussion of must have herbs for the home with information on when and how to use them.
- Herbs for Travel - a discussion of herbs to take with you when you travel to easily deal with common ailments
- Herbs for the Flu Season - herbs to use to both boost the immune system and help ward off influenza as well as herbs to take in the event you do get sick.
- Chinese Nutrition - "Food as Medicine", heal through the food you eat
- Dr Beverly offers a free program to help people manifest their health and ideal life at OM for Success.